Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Bauer #2 is on the way!

Suddenly, a few weeks ago, I started getting carsick. And then food started to taste different. And then I smelled different. *red flag*

So I peed on a stick. The 'pregnant' line showed up before the 'this test is working line'. Way before. The 'pregnant' line showed up even before I had read the time on my phone. You're supposed to wait 3 minutes before reading the test, but after I took it, I had to back out of a few menus on my phone before the time was displayed. In the few seconds it took for me to back out to the main screen, the test already clearly read 'pregnant'. I was 3 days late, same as with Addie.

After Aaron and I got married, I had lots of baby dreams. Now that I've met her, I can see that baby in those dreams was Adelaide. Exactly Adelaide. Since she was born, I've had lots of dreams about having twins. Not baby dreams like Addie, not as vivid nor as unsettling.

We went to the pediatrician's office for one of Addie's checkups and when I mentioned the possibility of weaning due to pregnancy he said he thought I was pregnant with twins. He had a sense of it. This man (I'm sure) has little to no OB/GYN experience. But somehow his assertion that I could have two in there seems foreboding.

Fast line, consistent dreams, and a random comment from an almost stranger. Circumstantial evidence at best, but enough to make me wonder!

----

We are working on nightweaning Adelaide. I feel terrible. I hate it. But I'm so tired. And if I'm pregnant, nursing, and working full time, I need sleep. Aaron is up there armed with bottles of water (which she will take if she is not hungry), a bottle of milk (which she will take if she is hungry), and lots of love and patience. I know she is not alone. I know she will be well cared for and that I am right here. I know that she is old enough and secure enough to handle this. I know. But I like curling up with her at night. I like peeking into her crib and seeing her little chest rise and fall. I love her. I love being near her. I do not want to be away from her for an entire night.

She hasn't even woken up yet. It's time to sleep, and it's time to put all this worry away. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Dying to know what you mean by "smelled different?"

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete