Monday, July 19, 2010

I've kept a blog since 2002, and I have never been a post-a-day kind of girl. It just isn't my style I guess.

Adelaide seems to be doing better. Plus, she slept really well last night. No dramatic, desperate crying for mama, no hours of misery hoping she'd calm down and go to sleep. If tonight goes as well, I might be sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night! Apparently, when I'm not there, she's perfectly happy to sip a bit of water when she wakes up. She only wanted milk once, and only took about an ounce. We ended up giving her the rest of the milk when she woke up just so we wouldn't have to waste it. She wasn't even hungry. So it can be done. Here's the plan:

2 more nights: she gets a milk option, we keep trying to lay her down awake but sleepy
next 3 nights: try not picking her up when she wakes up. We'll just pass her the water and talk to her and pat/rub her belly.

After that, we'll keep the routine for a week or so and then try giving her a room of her own. Maybe. I'm not committing to anything just yet. I dearly love waking up to her raspberrying my arm and then crawling over to me and patting Aaron on the shoulder and kissing his nose. (all winter, his beard was too furry - she kissed his nose instead)

No comments:

Post a Comment