Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our first bath together

Our lactation consultant recommended taking a bath together. At first it sounded strange, but other mothers have told me it was helpful for them, so I gave it a try. I filled the tub and got in and had Mirus bring Adelaide in.

It was wonderful. Unbelievable. I wouldn't have expected bathing with her to somehow be so much more relaxing than a bath by myself, but holding her against me and watching her kick her little toes into the water was one of the best moments of my life. Something about holding her little bum and letting her idly search for my breast made me feel like I was fulfilling some purpose for my life. I think that slow moment is what the first moment after birth is supposed to feel like. I wish I hadn't been wearing the bathing suit top. Maybe that's why people rave about water births.

She did eventually find the nipple, and nursed without the shield or a problem.

I think we'll take another bath tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment