Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blessings

I just realized how truly blessed I am. A few days of rain have really cooled the temperature this morning, so I'm working (writing) under a fleece blanket on the couch. And I'm suddenly struck by the fact that this is how I'll spend my winter. My first long, cold, Alaskan winter under a comfy blanket with my daughter on my chest, writing. I may not be writing anything interesting or entertaining, but I'm spending every minute with her. I'll be able to wrap her so that her little head is right under my chin and I'll be able to feel her so close to me all day. How incredible.

Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of thy unchanging love

No comments:

Post a Comment